Monday, August 22, 2011

"Put it in a box" or "Moving Toward Simplicity"

We are in the midst of moving.  Since I have four kidlets under six years old, this can be a challenge.  Blessedly, I have come to accept the chaos of my house with a kind of expectant joy -- what little adventure will I see today?  Still, that doesn't necessarily make it easy for me to smoothly navigate the chaos.  So far we have only had minimal packing peanuts strewn around the house.

We had a "packing party" this past weekend,  I marked the things in the house to leave out with a piece of blue painters tape; everything else was to be thrown in a box, marked, and taped up.  Easy; and if anything broke it would just be one less thing we kept.  Some friends came and we packed up our 2200sqft house in in almost one day (just a little bit more to go).  We got the boxes offa' craigslist from someone who had recently moved into a similar sized place. When we're done, we'll pass the boxes on to someone else who is moving.


Seeing most of our thing in neatly stacked boxes is refreshing and kinda' scary at the same time.  The loss of possibilities makes my ego nervous.  The gain of a simple daily focus is kinda' relieving.

No comments:

Post a Comment