Wednesday, August 1, 2012

They Put Their Own Laundry Away! Clothing Labels for Drawers


I have simplified laundry so much at our house just by putting some pictures on the kids' drawers.  I put the pile of clean clothes on or next to their drawers, and they put them in the right one.  Easy, and they also feel more responsible and aware of their clothing and where it is.  A lot less of, "mom... where is  _________", and a lot more of "I got dressed-ed all by myself!".  There was even one day when my momma self was not feeling very good, and my eldest (6yrs) went into my drawers, guided by the labels, and got my whole outfit ready for the day.  You can bet I wore it! and was sure grateful. 
 
These labels have simple line drawings of a clothing category and the word beneath it to introduce the word association to their little minds.  I laminated mine for the ones on the outside of the drawers, and just taped the paper ones inside the clear plastic drawers & they show through just fine.  They are below for your use, free to print out and share. There are a few of this sort of thing around the web, and I made these below with pictures that much better reflect our family's particular clothing choices. 



If you click on these images, you will see they are really quite a bit larger than what they are being displayed at.  Simply right click and save.  When you print them, make sure the printer setting are such that the image fills the page and does not print it at the original or cropped size.







1 comment:

  1. Thanks for taking the time to discuss that, I feel strongly about this and so really like getting to know more on this kind of field. Do you mind updating your blog post with additional insight? It should be really useful for all of us. hang tags

    ReplyDelete